- A common condition, particularly among elderly women, osteoporosis is the reduction of bone density.
- Osteoporosis affects both the dense cortical portion on the outside of a bone and the spongy bone inside.
- Causes include age, low body mass, family history, smoking, malnutrition, alcoholism, insufficient physical activity and certain medications and toxins. It is also associated with a number of chronic diseases.
- The primary risk is that of fracture, particularly of the hip, a potentially devastating event in the elderly. In severely osteoporotic patients, healing may be slow and insufficient.
- Treatment depends on the cause, but includes medication, dietary changes and exercise.
30 x 40 = $395 + shipping
36 x 48 = $425 + shipping
Digital = $395